Guided activities in which students:
- Use investigative processes to learn geological content.
- Develop understanding of the geophysical events that occur during volcanic eruptions.
- Observe and interpret demonstrations.
The Mt. St. Helens Kit includes:
- 96-page book with 16 classroom tested activities, teacher information, and student work pages.
- USGS book, Eruptions of Mount St. Helens: Past, Present and Future.
- Samples of ash from the 1980 eruption.
Any portion of the book may be reproduced for classroom use.
Recommended for Secondary Grades.